Yatseniuk tasked the members of the Cabinet of Ministers with developing an Action Program, which will include their top three priorities for 2015 and how to implement them. He outlined his vision in hands-on terms:
- To these goals, I’d add for the record:
- Defeat, subdue and expel Russia from Ukraine.
- Complete EU accession requirements.
- Bring to justice in Ukraine all criminals, traitors and Maidan killers who fled the country.
- Formally designate Ukraine’s geopolitical alignment.
- Give oblasts, cities and local municipalities authority similar to America.
In a guest column in The Wall Street Journal on December 5, Poroshenko wrote: “On the external front, we are united in fighting for our freedom and for our future as an independent nation—a fight that has implications for all of Europe and global security. Domestically, the new government’s attack on inefficiency and corruption will further bind Ukrainians together. The Gospel teaches us that a kingdom divided against itself cannot stand. We won’t give this chance to the enemy. Day by day, Ukrainians are unifying as citizens, as governors and as Europeans.”